Common Core Curriculum
Content standards are helping Cincinnati Public Schools ensure that written curriculum, classroom instruction and tests of learning all match — an alignment that research suggests makes a powerful impact on student achievement.
Why Choose the Neighborhood Program at Hyde Park School?
A Learning Environment for Grades K-5. At our neighborhood program, students will engage in a positive learning environment that supports academic achievement and social development.
- Full day Kindergarten classrooms
- Research based instructional strategies to support student learning
- Weekly special classes (Latin, Art, Music, STEM and Physical Education)
- Student access to computers in the classroom
- Dedicated and highly trained teaching staff
- Enrichment opportunities for grades 3-5 are offered through student selected electives
- Weekly gifted classes are offered in grades 1 through 5
- Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged.
Why Choose the Cincinnati Gifted Academy at Hyde Park School?
A New Education Option for Exceptional Children in Grades 3-6. At the Cincinnati Gifted Academy, gifted students will blossom in a rigorous environment that is flexible enough to meet the specific learning needs of academically gifted students.
- Our curriculum is based on in-depth understanding and application of grade level Common Core and State Standards.
- Differentiation occurs within the classroom to meet the individual needs of students.
- Technology is used to enrich and accelerate learning.
- Students are engaged in Problem Based Learning.
- Enrichment opportunities are offered through student selected electives, field trips and guest visitors.
- Students participate in community service.
- To develop the “whole child,” education will be complemented by instruction in Latin and Arts enrichment. Teachers will design learning experiences to meet the needs of gifted children in all areas — Academic Challenge, Personal Growth and Contribution to Society.
- Parent involvement in school activities and enrichment opportunities is welcomed and encouraged.